Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Short Romances

Recently I received a couple reviews for Up in Flames where the reviewer complained the book was too short. So it got me to thinking. If it clearly says short romance, what would  you expect? Do you hope the author is just teasing you and when you pick it up instead of the 33 page book it's really 250 pages? I don't know about you but if I'm pressed for time and just want a quick read to make, say an hour go by faster, I would be furious to discover the page count is grossly inaccurate.

We're all entitled to our opinions, freedom of speech and all that. But if you're a reviewer, or reader for that matter, how can you complain about a book being too short if you knew it was short going into it? Is that fair? Is it fair to rate the book on the page content when the information where it says 33 pages is clearly on the book details page? 

It just doesn't make sense to me. For the most part Up in Flames has received some great reviews and ratings. Bad reviews don't normally bother me, unless it's for the wrong reason. 

By the way, Up in Flames is now available on Smashwords

A few reviews listed on my website...


5-FLAMES - burning hot
4-STARS - recommended read for Up in Flames by the Talent Cave Reviews


Vincent said...hot from the word go. Who knew you could do that in an elevator? He gave it 5-STARS on Amazon!

Elizabeth at Goodreads gave it 5-STARS!


A 5-STAR review on Amazon by LJT who said, 'Great Short Story' I was in the mood for a quick story and stumbled upon this gem. It is well written, detailed and sensual. I loved both characters. I will definitely read more from this author!

Take care everyone!

2 comments:

Fran Lee said...

Tory, I have people complain about novellas and short novels saying "Too short!", but what they usually mean is, "I loved it and hated to see it end! I want MORE!"

Tory Richards said...

Yeah, I get that a lot too. Which I love! But recently I received a bad review strictly because the story was too short. I didn't think that was very fair:)